Thursday, April 29, 2010

Zipper-less

Maternity pants are zipper-less. I can't count the times that I have looked down thinking I forgot to zip my pants when there is actually no zipper... haha. This is a habit about a quarter of a century old, and it is driving me crazy! I continue to freak out, look, and then think, "what a dummy I am". Anyway, there is my two cents about maternity pants :) For awhile all my regular pants would still zip and I could "rig" the button to make them work. Well, not anymore! There is no button and no zip, so maternity pants it is. My friend, Crystal, gave me several pair of pants and that has been so helpful. Other than that I have been sale shopping around (not that I don't sale shop all the time anyway) I was also presently surprised last weekend to find out that Ross has a small maternity section. I got a few things for such a good price! Also, last week we had our 12 week appointment. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time (at 8 wks you can see it on the ultrasound but can't hear it). That was very cool and felt so surreal that this thing on my belly was hearing a heartbeat. It was awesome.

On a note other than "baby", soccer season is officially over for Nathan. He (along with every other teaching I know) is counting down the days until summer! They are all so ready, and I don't blame them one bit. They definitely earn their summer break! I got to spend last weekend with my parents, and that was great. We had a yard sale at the daycare, and at a whopping $50-something I was the yard sale champ. The rain was not good for us... It was a fun day though. I'm almost done with night 1 of 3 and then it is off to my sister-in-law's graduation at UGA! It will be great to spend the day with everyone, and I even got a cute little dress to wear :) Now I just can't wait to get home and crawl in bed for some good sleep. There is nothing like crawling in bed after you have been up all night :)

No comments: